4-8oz fettuccine or linguine
10 tbsp butter, divided
8 oz fresh, sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
4oz cream cheese, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp fresh chopped or dried parsley
1 tbsp fresh chopped or dried basil
2/3 cup boiling water (from your noodle pot)
1 lb cooked shrimp (frozen is fine)
- Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook your pasta.
- While your pasta is cooking, cook your shrimp if necessary and reserve. If your shrimp are pre-cooked and frozen, quickly thaw them under running water.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat and saute mushrooms until soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve cooked mushrooms and melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add minced garlic, cream cheese, and herbs. At this point, the cream cheese starts to look almost curdled but don't worry it will all smooth out once you add the water.
- Simmer cream cheese mixture until well blended. Get a scoop of boiling pasta water from your noodle pot and mix it in, stirring quickly to smooth out the sauce.
- Keep sauce hot and add shrimp and mushrooms, mix well and simmer (stirring often) until everything is hot and thickened, about 10 minutes-you wont ruin this sauce by accidentally boiling it so don’t worry.
- Toss sauce with cooked noodles and serve.